Saturday, June 30, 2007

Nothing but the best!

I had my three dogs TC, Yoda and Maisy with me one afternoon while running errands. We made the usual stops, paid the water bill, got some flowers for mom, went to the bank etc. While at the bank drive through the teller told me how cute little Maisy was and inquired about her breed. I told her that she was a Pompatese, which is a Pomeranian, Poodle, Maltese mix. Maisy being the performer that she is took this opportunity to let out a bark and wiggle just to make sure that everyone knew how cute she was in case there was any doubt. The teller smiled as I received my receipt and noticed that she had sent along some milk bones with it. I laughed a bit to myself as I took them out and tried to give them first to Yoda who being a Boston Terrier let out a snort and laid back down on the backseat. TC my Lab Collie mix licked one and looked back out the rear passenger window longingly hoping for a magical tennis ball to go flying by for him to chase. Maisy at this point was fully engrossed in entertaining the people in the car next to mine through the passenger side window. Apparently she had realized from one whiff that these treats weren't exactly up to snuff. I looked back at the teller who had witnessed this failed transaction and had a confused look on her face. I sent the treats back and explained that ever since I started giving my dogs Bigwag treats they won't eat any others. I never knew dogs could be so picky. When it comes to their treats though, nothing else will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment