Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camp Bow Wow Grand Opening












On Saturday, Camp Bow Wow held it's public grand opening. They had a great turnout!

It really floored me, how our customers react when they see us out other places like this. Of course, we got to meet lots of people that hadn't met us before, but our customers are awesome. They all almost want to come up and give us big hugs, or at least it feels like it.

It almost feels like a big extended family of ours. They come up, and tell us how their dogs are doing, how they like the new food they are on, how they love our chews more than anyone else's. We measure how big their kids are getting, how fast they are growing.

And I love it.

This made me proud to be a business owner, and proud this is the business I own. I've done other types of companies, but I have never had a customer base like this that makes me feel I am part of their family, like they did on Saturday. It helped bring some clarity to what it is exactly we do. We've got almost 4 years invested in this bakery, even though we've only been open for 2 of those. We don't carry every product there is under the sun, but everything we do have, we have researched very carefully, trying to buy as much American as we can, to carry the best products that we can find, to find stuff that is guaranteed, find companies that have the same work ethic and principles we do, and choose those as our partners.

It's like recommending pet products to family, and we have a big, extended family out there, and this is the best stuff we can bake, find, and carry at the moment. I sell this stuff to my mom, because I believe in it. I think our customers get that too, and they were really showing their appreciation on Saturday. We don't feel like this is a business as much as it feels like a pet club, where we get to talk about cool pet products every day.

Thank you to our supporters who find us at all of these events, who know our story, who know why their dogs love our treats best, who are part of our family! If there were ever a time where I felt like a rock star, it was Saturday.

You guys are the ones that rock! Thank you, for validating that what we are doing is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment