Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Humane Society Angel Trees 2008

Hey Everyone,

I know it's not even Halloween yet and the Christmas decorations are out at Wal-Mart. Heck, I'm pretty sure Hobby Lobby has had Christmas trees up since July. I am usually a hardcore opponent of doing anything related to Christmas before Thanksgiving, but this past weekend I bent my rules and had a great time doing it.

What am I talking about? No, I haven't finished my Christmas shopping already, so don't start hating me. We were fortunate enough to host the Humane Society's Angel Tree and Angel Wreath making at Bigwag on Sunday. The store became a center of bells and glitter, Christmas trees and wreaths, ribbon and decorations for a few hours. I imagine it's what Santa's Workshop would look like if you ever had a chance to visit. We had lots of fantastic volunteers working to create beautiful trees and wreaths with a purpose.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Humane Society's Angels Trees and Angel Wreaths, they are much like any other angel tree, you take a tag off the tree and purchase that item to donate to the Humane Society, then return it to the Humane Society or one of several other collection points.

Now, I know this is a rough economic year and everyone is cutting back on Christmas. But, I would ask you to think twice about giving a little something to the animals at the Humane Society. The Humane Society runs completely on donations. They don't receive any local, state or federal funding. That means they depend on you to help care for homeless dogs and cats until they find forever homes. And you don't have to donate $500 to make a difference. Many of the items on the Angel Trees and Wreaths are cheap items, things like bleach and dish detergent.

So please, look for Angel Trees and Wreaths starting in November at the following locations: All Dogs Clinic, Animal Medical Center, Bigwag Dog Bakery, Camp Bow Wow, Faithful Friends Animal Clinic, the Humane Society for Animals, Murphy Dog Park, New Hope Animal Hospital, Rose Antique Mall and Flea Market, and Quality Pet Supplies. I'll add more locations as I become aware of them.

Items may be returned to Bigwag Dog Bakery, the Humane Society for Animals, Rose antique Mall and Flea Market and Quality Pet Supplies.

In the meantime, enjoy these pictures of our wreath making event. And if you have any questions about how you can help out, call us or email us here at the store and we'll either answer your questions or point you in the direction of someone who can! Thanks in advance for your support of this fantastic cause.

Charitably Yours,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun. What a great idea! I will be looking for a tree near me. :)

    ReplyDelete