Thursday, March 6, 2008

How Good is Your Dog's Food?

Hey all!

Just wanted to let you in on something I discovered today. We have recently begun carrying Taste of the Wild, and I've found that Hannah and Sam prefer it to Solid Gold. I'm very excited about this, especially since it's reasonably priced for a grain-free diet. Yes! Grain free! That means that it has not only no wheat, corn or soy, but also no rice or barley. Today as I was researching, I came across the dog food analysis website. This board basically evaluates the labels of pet foods, to tell you exactly what all the gobbly-gook really means. They also rank the foods, based on their interpretations of the labels. Now, I believe Solid Gold is a good food. Hannah and Sam both love it and their coats are soft and shiny. But, the Hund-n-Flocken is only a 4 star food, while two of the Taste of the Wild foods are 6 star (the highest rating) and one is a 5 star. If you're interested to find out where the food you give your dog ranks, check out http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/ I think you'll be shocked at some of the foods on the 1 star list.

Lots of Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment