Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Camping and Dogs

As the season warms up (and dries out a bit), we are officially hitting camping season. As someone who likes to take my dogs camping with me, but isn't fortunate enough to have dogs that will stay by my camp chair no matter what, I am faced with tying them on leads, which makes for a real mess. This might be why I haven't taken them camping in over a year.

This problem prompted the idea of a camp out at the dog park - This Saturday (May 31st) will be Murphy Memorial Dog Park's first ever over night camp out. Julie Jarret has done an excellent job of taking over the planning and organizing of this event. It might even raise a little money for the dog park funds. Woo Hoo! I am very excited. I hope this becomes an annual event. Getting to go camping, and letting your dogs roam free (inside the dog park) - what a cool idea.!

This seems like a small scale solution (I don't know how many camp outs we'll have at the dog park this year) , surely someone else has figured out a better solution to camping and tying your dogs on leads. Could there be a market for slightly higher end camping pads with buried wire leads for invisible fencing, and issue collars to occupants? Is there a portable product that you can get that will keep your pet within a 40 foot circle? I really don't know - thats why I'm asking. Seems like this problem should be solved already. Send me some thoughts/comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment