Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bigwag Bright Bites Trial - Day One


Hannah waits to eat her Bright Bite

Hey Everyone!

Okay, so I started the Bright Bites Trial today. I decided to do the trial just with Hannah, because we only have six samples and I didn't think three days would be enough to really do a trial with. Also, Hannah is my big chewer, so I thought she'd be a good test subject. She's also older, so she has more plaque, which is what these treats are supposed to reduce. I thought in the interest of being scientific, I would document what Hannah's teeth and gums look like with pictures. It turns out that's harder to do than you'd think. If you've ever tried to look at a dog's teeth, you know they don't like it much (they don't like to have their teeth brushed, either, so I guess that's the point of these treats) So, mostly I got blurry pictures of my fingers and Hannah's nose. Even the ones that I did have turn out are kinda gross. It is a dog's mouth, after all... so I'll spare you those pics. But I did get a few pics of Hannah eating her Bright Bite.

My observations for today were this - it did take her longer to eat this one, but still only about 2 minutes. She chewed off the points of the star first, then ate the middle and she made a big slobbery mess as she did this. That's unusual for her, even when she chews bully sticks, she really doesn't slobber. I'm not sure if that's a product of the treat or what. I did smell her breath afterwards and it didn't smelly like cinnamon. It really just smelled plain, like bread dough before it cooks or maybe plain mashed potatoes without butter. Not bad, just not fresh like I would have thought. They do recommend that you give these after meals, but we free feed Hannah and Sam and so I just gave it to her in the middle of the afternoon. Maybe you'd notice a bigger difference if you gave it right after they ate fishy food... Anyway, those are my thoughts for today.

More Tomorrow,
Erin

Finally! I get to eat it.


Wow, a whole mouthful...

No comments:

Post a Comment