Monday, April 26, 2010

An Update on the Weight Loss of a Dog & Her Girl

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on how Hannah and I are doing with our exercising and weight loss.  As of today, I have lost just over 8 pounds and Hannah has lost about 1.5 pounds.  We are well on our way to our goals!

Hannah would probably be losing more if I took her with me every time I exercise, but I find that I get bored doing the same things and there are only so many directions I can walk!  So today, I mowed the lawn for execise.  (I figure 2 hours of pushing the lawn mower is equivalent to half an hour of walking, at LEAST!)  Unfortunately, it's not really an activity Hannah can participate in.  But, overall, I'm really pleased with how she's doing and I'm amazed at how well she is walking on a loose leash.

Also, today I had my glucose levels re-tested.  To my chagrin, they were actually higher than last time.  You'd think the weight loss would help (I know, patience is key) but it's frustrating.  But, I did learn something REALLY important today.  The blood pressure medicine I began taking a year ago can actually increase the incidents of new on-set diabetes!  So, when my doctor calls to discuss my test results, I fully plan to discuss that with her.  Now, I'm not saying that I don't need to continue to take measures to reduce my risks, but I think this could be a major player.  So, for those of you out there taking beta-blockers and having issues with blood sugar, you may want to talk to your doctor. I'll let you know what mine says!  And, I'll update everyone in another few weeks on our progress.

P.S.  Thanks to all of you who e-mailed your support!  Knowing that other people are out there dealing with the same issues makes it so much easier to keep a positive outlook. 

P.P.S. To those of you who commented on Facebook, Cary read your comments to me and I appreciate them!  I am on a (probably misguided) mission not to have my own personal Facebook page in an attempt to keep things simple, so please don't be offended if I didn't respond. (Our blog gets posted to our Facebook page, by the way, so that's how my musing end up there, for those who were wondering!  I can respond to comments on the blog or to e-mails sent to sales@bigwag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment