Monday, June 9, 2008

Product Review: HappyTails Spa's Calming Aromatherapy Spritzer

Hey Everybody!

It isn't every day that we use this blog to plug products and there's a good reason for that. After all, if you just wanted to read about the products we sell, you'd visit our website. But every once in a while we come across a product that is so amazing that it has to be mentioned. I came across one of those products Saturday.

Let me give you a little background - Saturday was the very first Paws-n-Spas, a dog wash to benefit the Humane Society here in Rogers. We offered $5 bathing, $5 nail clipping and $5 spa treatments. Somehow I ended up in charge of nail trimming. Now, I've trimmed a few nails in my lifetime, but I have never attempted to trim dogs' toenails out in the open at an event like this, surrounded by lots of other dogs, people and who knows what else. You can imagine, it's not the most relaxing environment to get toenails trimmed. Not to mention that most dog's aren't crazy about this practice in the first place.


Well, the first few went somewhat poorly, with the result being that I got snapped at more than once and nails ended up untrimmed. But in the midst of the chaos, I was asked to do a spa treatment and nail trim. Well, relishing another nail trim about as much as a trip to the dentist, I thought I'd put it off as long as possible, so I did the spa treatment first, rubbing the Happy Tails Calming Aromatherapy Spritzer into the dog's coat.


I have to say the result was instant. The dog relaxed and it was much easier to trim toenails. Now, I'm something of a skeptic when it comes to herbs. I like to cook with them, but use them for some medicinal value? Not my cup of tea...:p So I figured it was simply a case of this dog just being better adjusted. BUT... the pattern continued. If I tried to just trim nails, chaos. But if I sprayed the calming aromatherapy spritzer with lavender and chamomile, relaxed puppy, easier nail trim. You don't have to see this pattern very long before you're a believer. And I am. At the end of the day (we raised $730 for the Humane Society, so you figure out how many toenails I trimmed) someone said they were amazed that I'd been able trim all those toe nails. I chalk it up to the power of lavender and chamomile.

My rating: ***** (five stars)

Lots of Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment