Friday, June 20, 2008

USMC Disciplines Two Marines in Connection with Animal Cruelty Video

Last week the USMC released the details of the investigation about the youtube video of the two marines tossing the dog off of the cliff. One marine was discharged and the other was given non-judicial punishments that are protected under the Privacy Act.

I would like to go on the record in defense of these two marines, as their untold story makes their actions justified. That animal was sick, and with no humane means of euthanizing it, they were left with no alternative choice but to put it out of it's misery. This was not the heinous act that everyone is claiming it is...

Ok, I'm really BS-ing here. I'm mostly seeing if I can get anyone riled up over this story, and trying to cover the story and make it interesting in the sea of other posts that are out there covering the same story.

There is no justification for what they did. There is no cool story to back up their actions. It was just sick and wrong, and if you watched the video (as I did) it makes my stomach turn. The ASPCA filed an official response here.

I simply cannot fathom how someone could do this. Experts say that serial murders often start with pets or animals, and then move up to spousal abuse. I wonder if there is any history there.

No comments:

Post a Comment