Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Love Lucy

Hey Everyone!

As many of you know, we're hosting an I love Lucy party tonight at the store. It's a drop in affair from 4pm-6pm, just come in for cake and punch for people and cake for dogs. I will definitely take pictures tonight and share them on the blog, but before that, I wanted to share Lucy's story here, so everyone would know exactly why we're celebrating Lucy.

Lucy's Story

It was a Saturday morning - I hadn't been out of bed too long - the first call came in - YOU'VE GOTTA HELP THIS PUG! After a few questions I found there was a hungry, dirty, blind, older female pug at the Roger's Animal Shelter. I found out it would be available the next week- after the waiting period - I made arrangements for someone to go look at her.

6 other calls came in that morning - one from one of the workers at the animal shelter - calling without authorization - she needs help - she is cold, scared and I don't think she will make it here much longer - you've gotta help.

I called the shelter and told them we would have someone there Monday to check on her wellbeing and they told us we could take her - no one will want her. So Amy went to get her - cried as she took her to Faithful Friends - she was shaking, cold, dirty, and confused.

Jolene Turner said she would watch her - she has had experience with older dogs who were blind - but the news wasn't good - Lucy has cancer. The prognosis was she would live just a short time - we could put her on some new meds if we wanted to try - YES, we wanted to try - Jolene and her husband fell in love with Lucy and decided to give her a loving home for the remainder of her life - She is celebrating a year since she came to Jolene and Rescue - Lucy loves to play CRAZY DOG with Jolene's husband and enjoys her new adopted sister Shi-Anne. She is pudgy - and doing quite well for a dog who was given weeks- maybe months- who has survived a year.

Don't feel sorry for Lucy - She is a celebration dog - not a sorrow dog - the title of the party is just how it is - - - "I Love Lucy!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment