Monday, May 25, 2009

New Airline for Pets

There's a new airline for pets to travel as "pawsengers".
Pet Airways, is a pet-only airline dedicated to pet-friendly travel. With Pet Airways, your pet will be safe and comfortable flying in the main cabin --- not in cargo! Give your pet a first-class travel experience today!
I personally have seen more and more pets traveling at airports, usually in carriers "Paris Hilton style" or as lap dogs, usually smaller dogs. I haven't seen any big dogs in the airports yet, but in all of my business travels, I've seen 800% more dogs in airports this year than in the previous 10 years.

There is some inherent danger of packing up your pooch as cargo, not the least of which is that the cargo hold is not pressurized. I'm sure there have been lots of pets that have traveled as cargo seemingly just fine, but if your pet stresses easily, is up there in years, or has health problems, this might warrant extra consideration.

I think this is definitely an improvement over cargo hold transportation, but what I would like to see is an airline that lets both you and your pets travel together, side by side in a seat. I have big dogs, so I can't transport them in a small carrier or bag, and I DEFINITELY don't want them in my lap for several hours straight, but sitting next to me harnessed in a seat would be the most appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment