Saturday, March 13, 2010

Music for the Dogs

Hey Everyone!

This morning I recieved this e-mail:

"To make pets and pet owners happier while enhancing your business, please tell your people about Pethoven. Pethoven is music specially written and recorded for pets with more than 20 years of worldwide testimonials of appreciation. For a free preview go to iTunes.com and type in Pethoven."
I googled Pethoven and found this description of the music on Amazon.com:
"Pethoven is beautiful music uniquely composed and recorded in a special for way for Pets and their owners/parents. I created 12 songs first as music is normally composed and recorded. Then I went back to compose and record the same melodies and harmonies two, three, and sometimes four octaves above the normal level.  This makes Pethoven special in that it is written and recorded in layered high frequencies that are pleasing to people and attractive and/or attentive to most pets.... Sincerely, Joe Procopio"
I have to admit that I all of this piqued my curiosity so I went to iTunes and sampled a few of the songs.  Sam and Hannah didn't seem to care too much about it.  And while I'm not endorsing this music or even considering carrying it in our store, I have to admit that I am curious to know what your dogs think.  Check it out on iTunes or Amazon and let us know!

1 comment:

  1. For those interested in trying Pethoven for themselves and for their pets, click on the link:

    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pet-music-pethoven/id358186492

    For those interested in what others have had to say about Pethoven from around the world, here are some comments:

    A Few Pethoven Testimonials Pethoven TM since 1989
    As a producer of a national weekly radio variety show in Canada, I've seen and heard many entertaining products and ideas. But few have paid off the way Joe's music for pets did. In the course of our radio interview with Joe, about Pethoven, we sprung a surprise test on him and had his music played ''''live'''' for a group of dogs at a local! Dog care facility. Before long, the dogs were singing along with glee and seemed to be having a great time I'm not sure how he does it, but I truly beHave there is something to Joe's compositions and all the animals I've played it for seem to agree.
    Chris Straw - Executive Producer ~ Basic Slack - CBC Radio - Vancouver, Canada

    From: "Beth Gibbs"
    Hello Joe
    Thanks for coming on the show. I heard from Eric and the team working on it that it was a roaring success - or should that be a meowing success, so thank: you for your time!
    Sorry for not replying to your earlier email but we work in shifts and I haven't been in the office for a while - time off for good behaviour!!
    I hope all is well in North Carolina today.
    Regards
    Beth Gibbs BBC Radio Producer

    As the producer of a fast paced morning radio show, I am constantly in search of enthusiastic guests with something special to offer our audience. Joe "Pethoven" Procopio was one of these guests. I first doubted the effect of the CD, I was soon a believer as we asked people to call in that noticed a difference in their pets. The phones immediately lit up and some of the stories we got were amazing. One caller even told us that her five cats who usually fought all the time stopped to listen to the music.
    Narayan Lewis, Producer, The New Guys, KZON - Phoenix, AZ


    --Original Message-
    From: Phil Sisneros [mailto:philsisneros@hotmail.com)
    Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 1 :28 PM
    To: Joe@Pethoven.com
    Subject: Joe on 93-3 KOB-FM
    BOW! WOW! Joe Procopio and the Pethoven CD are great! We had Joe and the music on the air during our morning show and it proved to be a !ot of fun for us and, most importantly, our listeners. Joe is definitely "radio friendly" and a real pro at what he does. We highly recommend Joe to our fellow Radio Wonks.
    Thanks again Joe!
    Sincerely, Phil Sisnros and John Forsythe...aka...The Jihn and Bean Morning Show on 93.3 KOB-FM Albuquerque, New Mexico

    I got the tape about 2 months ago I put it on every morning when I leave for work. Miraculously. I've heardfrom my neighbors that my separation anxiety stricken dog has not been howling since 1 put on the tape.
    S. S. New York. New York

    Our doggies love it! I do too.
    J.B. Homestead, FL

    Dear Mr. Procopio...your music does work on my dog.
    P.G.M., San Diego, CA

    ReplyDelete