Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lovin' Linkables

Hey Everyone!

Ever since I saw the video on throwing out your food bowls, I have really reconsidered how I feed my dogs and what it's doing for them or not doing for them. We've always had plenty of interactive toys that we stuffed with treats for play times, but we only rarely used them as food dispensers. Well, I have now taken to feeding Hannah and Sam using those same interactive toys as a way of stimulating their minds and bodies. (It should be beneficial for Hannah's weight to have to work a little harder for her food) They really seem to enjoy even the simplest games, like scavenging food from the back yard after I've tossed it all over. (I'm guessing the birds enjoy the spoils of this game as well)
Our new Linkables (top shelf)





Anyway, last week we got a new toy, called Linkables, in the store and I couldn't wait to get them home. They come in three styles, an elbow, a twist and an orb. Each one has "threads" similar to a screw, so that you can connect them together easily. They're similar in concept to the Canine Genius, but easier to connect together and the openings are smaller, making them better for kibble than treats. The toys are made of a dense rubber (which I do have to say doesn't smell fantastic when new, but the dogs didn't seem to mind) I actually took all three pieces home because I wanted to challenge them as much as possible, since they're kind of old hat at interactive toys. Did they love them? Well, check it out for yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment