Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Keeping the Bugs Away

Hey Everyone!

Just a quick blog post today, partly because I feel guilty for not posting over the past few days and partly because I discovered something interesting over the weekend that I thought was worth sharing.

For the past six weeks or so we've been carrying a product called "No Flea" from a Texas company, Ashley's Green Products. When they first contacted me, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. An all natural alternative to Frontline that was really effective and reasonably priced seemed like a lot to ask for. But, the woman who called me seemed so genuine and really believed in and used the product herself, so I thought I'd take a chance on a small case of it.

The bigger leap was trying it on Sam and Hannah. A big part of me felt like I was being a bad pet mom by not putting Frontline on them. A part of me still doubted how effective something all natural could really be. Another part of me worried that trying to save a little money would land me in a heap of trouble all over again, like when we tried using Seargant's.

But, I didn't feel like I could carry something in my store that I didn't believe in, so we began our test run of Ashley's Green Products "No Flea". And for several weeks nothing remarkable happened. No fleas, but so what? It's still pretty early in the season. Sam and Hannah seemed to scratch less, but I figured I was over analyzing. Then I had a customer come in the store who has used No Flea since last year and said it really did work for her.

But the real turning point for me came this weekend. Cary and I went camping at Lake Ft. Smith this weekend and we took the dogs with us. Saturday, Cary and I both found ticks on ourselves. Two each... which even now gives me they creepy crawlies. So naturally, we checked the dogs thoroughly. And neither one of them had anything on them. Even after crawling through the grass, hanging out under the trees and generally being exposed as much as Cary and I were. Now, I have to admit, I'm still cautious about how this will work in the summer against fleas. But for now, I have to admit I'm pretty excited about the possibilities of this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment