Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Your Pet Can Clean Up Oil Spills

Hey Everyone!

I caught this link on Twitter today.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQOD_Ir2vQ  The link is to a video created by an organization called Matter of Trust.  In the video they demonstrate how hair and fur can be used to soak up oils from oils spills like the one in the Gulf of Mexico.  I strongly encourage you to watch it.  It will only take a few minutes of your time and I'm fairly certain you will be impressed with the demo at the end!  Once you've watched it, go to your groomer and encourage them to participate in this program.  Then, go to your hair stylist and encourage them to participate.  There's a link on their page, www.MatterofTrust.org to sign up to donate.  You can also sign up to donate used nylons.  So, take a minute, check it out and then tell someone.  Because think of all the good this program could do if we all participated.

P.S.  What do you guys thing about having a drive to collect dog hair for those of us who don't have our dogs groomed?  We could collect hair from brushing your dog/cat and send it in.  Let me know in the comments if you would be willing to collect your dog hair and bring it in.  If we get enough response, we'll organize a drive!

1 comment:

  1. Good Evening,
    I took a moment to watch this video and was instantly collecting dog hair and cleaning my human hair brushes. I think that recycling is a good idea whether it is aluminum cans or HAIR. From now on, instead of feeling sad about the amount of hair in my comb, I'll think of those absorbant mats that I can help create. If a hair drive is considered, I will participate as will my shedding dogs. What a great excuse to brush some fluff!

    ReplyDelete