Saturday, May 22, 2010

Faces of the Humane Society - May 2010

Hey Everyone!

I went out to the Humane Society yesterday and took more pictures of the beautiful animals out there.  This May edition is focused on puppies, because this is the time of year when there are lots of puppies that need homes.  Not all of these dogs are tiny puppies, but they are all young dogs.  And as a bit of a soap box for a moment, Please Spay or Neuter your animals.  It's the only way we will ever end animal homelessness!

Please remember that Tuesday, May 25th from 5-7pm is our Puppy Shower for the Humane Society.  Bring in donations such as cleaning products, healthy dog food or gift cards to be donated to the Humane Society and we will give you 50% OFF your treat purchase!

Also, a few weeks back, I told you that I had news about an adoption, but Clay wanted me to hold off, because he didn't want to jinx it.  Well, here it is...  Frisco got a home!  If you remember I featured Frisco in April and told you how he had been at the Humane society for years.  Well, he and Chunk, his run-mate, got a loving home together!  I have to admit, it was kind of bittersweet for me yesterday, because I really grew to love Frisco and I missed seeing him, but I am soooo glad he finally found a home and it's even better that Chunk got to go with him!

Unfortunately, I have a bit of bad news as well.  Swirl, who had found a home after the Bunny Hop, is back at the Humane Society.  Apparently the man who adopted him lives next door to some people with a male dog who didn't take to Swirl at all and the man brought him back and said he'd have to adopt a female instead.  So, if you're looking for a beautiful, sweet, silver brindle dog - Swirl is available again!

Okay... Without further ado, the faces of the Humane Society, May 2010.
This little girl was so sweet, all she really wanted was a good scratch.
This guy was really jealous that I was taking pictures and petting the brindle girl above, so I had to humor him and get his photo as well.
This photo looks so sad, but this guy was really sweet and gentle and I think he would make a really loving pet.
This bundle of fur was everywhere and unfortunately this was the best picture I got.  Definitely had a puppy's enthusiasm for life
Can I have another treat? Please?

This little one was all over the place, unless there were treats involved
This guy was shy and will definitely need someone with patience so he can learn to trust.  And, no, he's not snarling, he's eating a huge chunk of biscotti!
Boing, boing, boing... Puppies are like that!
This little girl stole my heart.  Cary says she looks sad, but she wasn't, she just really wanted to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment